Body Composition Analysis
Empower your patients to change habits and take charge of their health. Go beyond the scale with the comprehensive point‑of‑care body composition analysis.
- Comprehensive fluid, tissue, and metabolic analysis of the human body.
- Personalized picture of a patient’s fluid, muscle, and fat.
- History graphs and reference ranges facilitate easy data interpretation.
- Detect changes in fluid, muscle, and fat
- Ensure your patient is losing weight the right way – by reducing fat mass while building skeletal muscle mass
- Help your patients set healthy targets such as maintaining muscle mass or increasing functional strength
Body Composition Resources
ImpediMed News & Updates
Join our growing community of care providers and receive relevant updates, delivered to your inbox.
SOZO Digital Health Platform
SOZO uses ImpediMed’s BIS technology to measure and track critical information about the human body to aid clinicians in managing chronic disease and maximizing patient health. SOZO is non-invasive, fast, and easy to use. Results from the 30-second test* are available immediately providing proactive patient care including early detection of disease progression, treatment monitoring, and patient education.
*As tested on AndroidContact Us
- Birzniece V, et al. A critical evaluation of bioimpedance spectroscopy analysis in estimating body composition during GH treatment: comparison with bromide dilution and dual X-ray absorptiometry. Eur J Endo 2015;172(1):21-8.
- Van Den Ham ECH, et al. Bioimpedance Analysis Compared to Isotope Dilution, Dual Energy X-Ray Absorptiometry, and Anthropometry. JASN 1999;10(5):1067-79.
- Cicone et al. (2019) Agreement between deuterium oxide and bioimpedance spectroscopy measures of total body water. Presented on February 14th at the Southeast American College of Sports Medicine Annual Meeting in Greenville SC. Also, to be presented at the American College of Sports Medicine National Conference May 28- June 1st in Orlando, FL.
- Kerr A, et al. Validation of bioelectrical impedance spectroscopy to measure total body water in resistance trained males. Int J Sport Nutr and Exer 2015; DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1123/ijsnem.2014-0188.
- Moon JR, et al. Total body water changes after an exercise intervention tracked using bioimpedance spectroscopy: a deuterium oxide comparison. Clin Nutr 2009;1-10.
- Moon JR, et al. Total body water estimations in healthy men and women using bioimpedance spectroscopy: a deuterium oxide comparison. Nutr & Metab 2008; https://doi.org/10.1186/1743-7075-5-7.
- Esco, MR et al. Agreement between supine and standing bioimpedance spectroscopy devices and dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry for body composition determination. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging 2019;39(5):355-361. Correlation coefficients reflect measurements taken with SOZO.
- Papathakis, PC et al. Comparison of isotope dilution with bioimpedance spectroscopy and anthropometry for assessment of body composition in asymptomatic HIV-infected and HIV-uninfected breastfeeding mothers. Am J Clin Nutr 005;82:538-46.