Improving Survivorship for Cancer Patients
Why early detection and intervention is important to your patient’s survivorship.
– Dr. Pat Whitworth, Breast Surgeon, Nashville Breast Center
Early Detection & Intervention are Key
The opportunity to prevent lymphedema is before noticeable swelling exists
of patients did not progress to chronic lymphedema with early detection using L-Dex and intervention through 3 years5
Early Detection & Treatment
Simple at-home treatment:
- Self massage
- Decongestive physiotherapy
- Mechanical pumps
Testing for Early Lymphedema is Easy
L-Dex® testing with the
SOZO® Digital Health Platform
Test at any location, review
results on the device or online
- Cancer Center
- Outpatient Clinic
- Physician Office
- American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts & Figures 2022. Atlanta: American Cancer Society; 2022. https://www.cancer.org/content/dam/cancer-org/research/cancer-facts-and-statistics/annual-cancer-facts-and-figures/2022/2022-cancer-facts-and-figures.pdf.
- Shaitelman SF, et al. Recent Progress in the Treatment and Prevention of Cancer-Related Lymphedema. CA Cancer J Clin. 2015;00:00–00.
- Brown JC,et al. The Prevalence of Lymphedema Symptoms among Long-Term Cancer Survivors with or at-risk for Lower Limb Lymphedema. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2013 March; 92(3): 223–231. https://doi.org/10.1097/PHM.0b013e31826edd97.
- Herd-Smith, A., et al., Prognostic factors for lymphedema after primary treatment of breast carcinoma. Cancer, 2001. 92(7): p. 1783-7.
- Ridner SH, et al. A Comparison of Bioimpedance Spectroscopy or Tape Measure Triggered Compression Intervention in Chronic Breast Cancer Lymphedema Prevention. Lymphatic Research and Biology 2022.