September 17, 2015
US Upper Mid-Atlantic
Join an emerging growth medical device company where you can help make a difference every day! ImpediMed is the world leader in the development and distribution of medical devices employing bioimpedance spectroscopy (BIS) technologies for use in the non-invasive clinical assessment and monitoring of fluid status. ImpediMed’s primary product range consists of a number of medical devices that aid surgeons, oncologists, therapists and radiation oncologists in the clinical assessment of patients for the potential onset of secondary lymphedema.
Our current growth has resulted in our need for a
Strategic Account Manager – Upper Mid-Atlantic Region
Target Location: seeking candidate in Philadelphia metro, Baltimore metro or locations with easy travel accross region (PA, DE, MD, Washington DC)
The Strategic Account Manager (SAM) secures, maintains and expands relationships with large, strategically important healthcare customers/prospects. Assigned to a specific US territory, the SAM is responsible for achieving a sales quota and driving incremental revenue for the company. The SAM leads the customer/prospect account planning cycle and ensures all strategic customers, and prospective customer’s needs and expectations are met by the company.
HERE ARE SOME OF THE THINGS YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
• Grow Sales: Meet quarterly and annual assigned sales quotas for revenue growth and strategic objectives in assigned territory
• Establish/Build Relationships: Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel at large strategic customers/prospects in assigned
territory. Key personnel include executive, administrative and clinical relationships.
• Manage Accounts: Account management which includes meeting revenue targets and performance objectives regarding installation and clinical adoption
of company product(s).
• Proactively assess, clarify, and validate customer/prospective customer needs on an on-going basis.
• May direct the activities of one or more Clinical Support Specialists that will drive product adoption, practice integration, training, and clinical support.
• Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet account performance
objectives and customer/prospect expectations.
• Participate in next generation product development representing the voice of the customer as needed.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Major account relationships already established
• Breast cancer/oncologist relationships already established
• Knowledge of the territory to be covered (have already worked the area)
• Small, emerging growth experience (ideal: both small and large company experience)
• Experience selling disruptive technology
• Experience launching and selling with and without reimbursement
• Experience making presentations at C level, KOLs (Key Opinion Leaders)
• Demonstrated success with complex sales process and cross functional stakeholders
• Proven track record of sales success in the medical device industry
• Minimum 5-7 years sales experience in device area
• Demonstrated ability to build strong business plan and execute it to achieve sales quota
• Time management skills
• Qualify and manage leads effectively
• Ability to articulate strategic approach to business planning and growth
• Independent and strategic characteristics
• Collaborative sales style
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to effectively use a mobile phone, PC, keyboard and mouse
• Must have a valid driver’s license and active vehicle insurance policy
• Ability to travel extensively with ease (approximately 75% of time)
• Must be able to drive within portions of assigned territory
• Must be able to lift weight up to 15 pounds on an occasional basis
• Must be able to use a computer for extended periods of time to enter and process information
• Hold a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. MBA preferred
ATTENTION CANDIDATES: Along with your resume, please provide a cover letter explaining why you are interested in working at ImpediMed and why you are interested in this position.
Reply to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please add the title STRATEGIC ACCOUNT MANAGER and your geography in the subject line.
Please include a brief cover letter with your top skills and capabilities relative to this opportunity, along with why this position is of interest to you. Please include salary requirements.
Join ImpediMed where you will be part of a team that:
• Has the chance to impact lives every day
• Makes a difference in the well-being of cancer patients
• Demonstrates caring, dedication, innovation and expertise
• Enjoys an exceptional benefit program including:
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life insurance/FSA/401(k) with matching program for full-time employees.
• Competitive base pay, commissions, bonuses
• Potential stock option awards
ImpediMed is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
It is our policy to provide equal opportunity in all areas of employment practice to assure that there shall be no discrimination against any applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, disability, sex, national origin or age. — An Equal Opportunity Employer