Join ImpediMed to work with a cutting-edge medical device product in an environment that is collaborative, innovative and fun! We are passionate about being the world leader in Bioimpedance Spectroscopy (BIS) technology. As the Senior Software Engineer, you will collaborate with our Software Development team based in Greece and our Engineers, R&D and Quality teams in Australia and the US and directly impact the development of ImpediMed’s next generation product, SOZO!
ImpediMed is the world leader in the development and distribution of medical devices employing Bioimpedance Spectroscopy (BIS) technologies for use in the non-invasive clinical assessment and monitoring of fluid status. ImpediMed’s primary product range consists of a number of medical devices that aid surgeons, oncologists, therapists and radiation oncologists in the clinical assessment of patients for the potential onset of secondary lymphedema. ImpediMed has the first medical device with an FDA clearance in the United States to aid health care professionals clinically assess secondary unilateral lymphedema of the arm and leg in women and the leg in men. As we expand we will require new employees to help develop and market our compelling product range.
ImpediMed also markets devices for body composition assessment and fluid status monitoring in a variety of research settings. ImpediMed is developing its BIS technology for use in many other clinical settings.
ImpediMed is an ASX 300 company, and one of the fastest growing small companies on the Australian Stock Exchange.
Please visit our website at: www.ImpediMed.com and our stock at ASX:IPD
TO APPLY: Please email: email@example.com, subject line reading: Senior Software Engineer
ATTENTION CANDIDATES: Along with your resume, please provide a cover letter explaining your interest in this job opportunity and why you are interested in working at ImpediMed.
Designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for new medical device products under FDA design controls. Develops software solutions including choosing operating systems, compilers, routers, networks, utilities, databases and Internet-related tools. Determines hardware compatibility and/or influences hardware design.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (Essential Functions of the Position) include, but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Define and design product and system architectures for next generation medical device product(s)
• Participate full-lifecycle development: From requirements definition through design, coding, testing and integration to final certification.
• Develop and maintain software specifications and related technical documentation.
• Develop robust software solutions within program parameters
• Develop test application level software for iOS and android environments
• Produce cost effective designs which exceed customer expectations
• Develop and write code and/or code sub-sections as required to complete design goals
QUALIFICATION GUIDELINES (Typical Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities):
• Must understand, follow and comply with regulatory requirements as applicable to various processes. An understanding of FDA Quality System Regulations and ISO Standards (ISO 13485) is required.
• Must possess a thorough understanding of work related standards and regulations, including but not limited to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Quality System Regulations (QSRs), both US and international.
• Experience with object-oriented analysis, design and development
• Solid knowledge / experience with design and development processes is a must
• Agile software development methodologies experience desired but not required
• Strong experience / knowledge in product design, debug and testing as well as electronic interconnects and assembly processes
• Experience in medical regulatory requirements is desired but not required
• Development experience in an environment using software version control and document control is highly desired
• Strong technical knowledge of electronic systems, software and components
• Excellent organization skills
• High degree of professionalism
• Strong writing skills and good software documentation skills
• Ability to form and maintain professional, cooperative relationships with both internal and external customers, peers and colleagues
• Embedded firmware experience, preferred in medical design environment
• Strong working knowledge of processors, digital, analog, displays, power systems, FPGA and/or ASIC design
• Strong programming sills (C/C++, C# and Java or similar)
• Strong Android programming skills, especially NDK experience desired
• Knowledge of low-level aspects of iOS and concurrent programming
MIMIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE OR CERTIFICATIONS:
• BS, Computer Science, BS, Electrical Engineering (with applicable experience in software development) required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in medical device
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience developing application software in a team environment, including user interfaces.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Travel: Position requires business travel (including overnight), estimated at up to 20%. Must be available for occasional international travel. Valid driver’s licence and valid passport required.
• Physical Demand: Light physical effort.
• Mental Demand: High degree of concentration.
• Full healthcare benefits include: Medical PPO/HMO/HSA choices, Dental PPO, Vision PPO; 401(k) with matching program for full-time employees once vested in plan.
• Basic Life, AD&D, STD/LTD, EAP Program
ImpediMed is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer